Note to contributors:
Transactions, Japanese Geomorphological Union (the TJGU)
Transactions, Japanese Geomorphological Union (the TJGU) is the official journal of the Japanese Geomorphological Union (JGU) and a journal recognized by the International Association of Geomorphologists (IAG). TJGU publishes original articles in the fields of basic, theoretical, or applied geomorphology that present significant findings for the community of scholars.
Types of papers
Manuscripts should be in the form of original articles, subject review articles, technique in geomorphology, regional reports, letters, technical notes, book reviews, etc.
Original articles must contain fully developed analysis and interpret accounts of significant findings for the community of scholars. Subject review articles should provide broad discrimination and syntheses of topical subjects. Technique in geomorphology should include the development of methods and instruments useful for the research of geomorphology. Regional reports should include detailed and novel insight of regional subjects. They should be limited to 16 printed pages including figures and tables. Letters should be notes on timely topics including new methods, novel findings, or suggestive results that may have an impact on future studies.
Practical reports should report on education related to geomorphology, or the practice of protection, conservation, and restoration of landforms. Technical notes should provide some significant techniques in earth surface and landform studies. They should consist of no more than 10 printed pages including figures and tables.
Submission of a manuscript
The work described has not been published before; that it is not under consideration for publication anywhere else; that its publication has been approved by all co-authors. There is no submission fee.
Excess-page and color-page charges
An excess-page charge will be applied to original articles, subject review articles, regional reports, technique in geomorphology that are longer than 16 printed pages, and letters and technical notes longer than 10 printed pages. This charge is billed to the corresponding author based on the number of printed pages in the proof. A color-page charge will be applied to the print version of the articles. Please indicate your preference for color: in print or online only. For the charges, you will receive information regarding the costs from the JGU office after receipt of your accepted article.
All manuscripts are to be written in clear and concise Japanese or English. Authors who are not fluent in English must seek the assistance of a colleague who is a native English speaker and is familiar with their field of work.
Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting their papers. Any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the authors.
1) The manuscript should be typewritten with double spacing and wide margins and include at the beginning of the manuscript an abstract of not more than 500 words. Words to be printed in italics should be underlined. The metric system should be used throughout.
2) The title page should include: the title, the name(s) of the author(s), their affiliation(s), including their address(es), and keywords.
3) Keywords within 5 words are required for indexing purposes. Keywords should be basically different from words already included in the manuscript title.
1) References in the text start with the name of the author(s), followed by the publication date in parentheses.
2) The reference list should be in alphabetical order and on sheet separate from text.
Tables should be compiled on separate sheets. A title should be provided for each table and they should be referred to in the text.
1) All illustrations should be numbered consecutively and referred to in the text.
2) Drawings should be completely lettered, the size of the lettering being appropriate to that of the drawings but considering the possible need for reduction in size (preferably not more than 50%). The page format of the TJGU should be considered in designing the drawings.
3) Photographs must be of good quality, printed on glossy paper.
4) Figure captions should be supplied on a separate sheet.
A set of pdfs (original manuscript, figures, tables, etc.) should be submitted to the editors through the e-mails (below). The original illustration (high resolution) will be required to be sent to the editors when the manuscript is accepted for publication.
By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright for their work is transferred to the Japanese Geomorphological Union, when the manuscript is accepted for publication.
Secretariat office of Japanese Geomorphological Union
Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
Gokanosho, Uji 611-0011, Japan